Start 01/07/22 End 30/06/24
Francis NGOME AJEBESONE
Institut de Recherche Agricole pour le Développement (IRAD)email@example.com
The project aims to make the agricultural sector efficient by contributing significantly to the growth of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP). Specifically, it will produce innovations that improve agricultural yields and make innovations with high economic value available to small and medium-sized enterprises and farmers’ organizations.
The expected results are:
- 16 innovative products developed including: 10 new seed varieties, 2 biofertilizers, 2 biopesticides, 1 feed based on agricultural residues for the nutrition of farmed fish, 1 automatic sieve to facilitate seed sorting.
- At least 10 innovations patented at OAPI/WIPO and/or registered in the national catalog of plant species.
- At least 20 researchers trained to set up innovation projects.
- 191 people trained, including 16 supervised innovation carriers, 75 IRAD technicians, 20 members of farmers’ organizations, 40 agents of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MINADER), and 40 seed multipliers.
- At least 100 students from agricultural schools sensitized.
- At least 100 visitors to IRAD’s stands during open days.
- The elaboration of 15 technical sheets and bulletins and 8 scientific publications.
- The production of a documentary to promote the visibility of the innovations in view of their commercialization.
APAFReP is one of the third- projects financed by PDTIE in Cameroon.Plaquette du projet
16 research projects selected by IRAD
Institut de Recherche Agricole pour le Développement (IRAD), Cameroon