The objective of the PSF (Policy Support Facility) service is to assist the ministry of Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology in developing a national Innovation Fund, to foster a creative, self-reliant and knowledge-based society for sustained socio-economic growth.
The national Innovation Fund will at least contribute to:
- Assist the Gambia become innovative and creative, and a global player in sustainable technologies by scouting, spawning and sustaining grassroots innovations.
- Synergise the national R&I system and promote open science and innovation, through partnerships among government, academia, industry and civil society.
- Increase private sector investment in innovative projects for better competitiveness and efficiency (notably of MSMEs).
- Promote the implementation of scientific and technological innovations.
- Improve inclusiveness (gender equality in STEM, Indigenous Knowledge Systems, etc.).
- Achieve the SDGs, the objectives of the STISA 2024 and of the Agenda 2063: ‘The Africa We Want’.
The PSF service will be carried out by an international panel of experts who will actively collaborate with the national team of Mauritania and the PSF team (OACPS R&I Programme).