The objective of the PSF (Policy Support Facility) service is to assist the Ministry of Scientific Research and Innovation (MINRESI) in elaborating a first national Research and Innovation strategy to develop an inclusive, knowledge-based economy.
The PSF service will contribute to, among others:
- Creating a bridge between research and the business world by strengthening public-private partnerships.
- Promoting open science.
- Addressing societal challenges, related to food sovereignty, population health, climate change, and endogenous industrialisation.
- Boosting international cooperation in the field of research.
- Valuing indigenous knowledge.
- Reducing the gender gap in STEM.
- Making research a lever for the employability of young graduates.
The PSF service will be carried out by an international panel of experts who will actively collaborate with the national team of Cameroon and the PSF team (OACPS R&I Programme).