Harnessing Innovative Technologies to support Resilient Settlements on the Coastal Zones of the Caribbean (HIT RESET Caribbean) Project is one of the 12 granted projects financed under the ACP innovation Fund.
The University of the West Indies (The UWI), the Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency (CDEMA) and Anton de Kom University of Suriname (AdeKUS) are currently executing this Project, which the overall objective of Climate Smart and Resilient coastal settlements in the Caribbean region. The specific objectives are:
- Digital and modelling technologies utilised by coastal development agencies and high-level decision makers in CARIFORUM countries for the prediction of the impacts of Climate Change and natural disasters, and the planning and management of coastal communities.
- Government entities, coastal development agencies and coastal communities in CARIFORUM countries developing urban planning policies and/or plans that are conducive to the use of digital and modelling innovations for sustainable coastal development.
This Open Call aims to solicit proposals centered around Specific Objective 1 of HIT RESET Caribbean, but also addressing the other specific objective if relevant.
Who May Apply?
Entities from the Caribbean Forum (CARIFORUM) that meet European Union criteria provided in the Call for Proposals documents will be considered for grant funding on a competitive basis.
Participants who meet the eligibility criteria could be a single entity, organization, university (private or public),a research organization (public or private), a private enterprise, a non-profit organization, or a consortium of entities or individuals.
Open Call – Important Dates
- Launch of Innovation Call: 1st March, 2022
- Clarification Meeting: 21st March, 2022
- Request for Eligibility Documents: 31st March, 2022
- Draft Proposal Submission: 15th April, 2022
- Project Development, Monitoring and Evaluation Workshop:25th -26th April, 2022
- End of Question and Answer Session: 1st May, 2022
- Deadline for Submission: Deadline Extended from 7th May to 21st May, 2022
- Notification of Applicants –
- Provisional Award/ Non Acceptance: 13th June, 2022
- Contracting of successful applicants including completion of suggested revisions: 24th June, 2022
- Proposed Start Date: 1st July, 2022