The objective of the PSF (Policy Support Facility) service is to assist the National Agency for Scientific Research and Innovation of Mauritania in elaborating a national inclusive Research and Innovation (R&I) strategy.
The PSF service will contribute to, among others:
- Set the main priorities for R&I for the next five years.
- Strengthen private sector participation and promote open science and open innovation.
- Identify measures and operational mechanisms to finance R&I, and improve the steering of the R&I strategy.
- Build bridges between research, industry, society and higher education, and foster the mobility of researchers within the R&I ecosystem.
- Reduce the gender gap, especially in STEM.
- Valuing indigenous ancestral knowledge.
- Make research a lever of employability for young graduates.Achieve the UN SDGs, the objectives of STISA 2024 and the ‘Agenda 2063: The Africa We Want’.
The PSF service will be carried out by an international panel of experts who will actively collaborate with the national team of Mauritania and the PSF team (OACPS R&I Programme).
Other articles published: