The objective of the PSF (Policy Support Facility) service is to assist the Ministry of Communications, Science and Technology of Lesotho in defining an inclusive, evidence-based Research and Innovation (R&I) Policy and to provide recommendations for the development of a national Innovation Agency.
The PSF service will contribute to, among others:
- Raise the profile of innovation in Lesotho.
- Synergise the national R&I system and promote open science and open innovation.
- Enhance collaboration between government, academia, industry and civil society to make R&I beneficial to society.
- Improve inclusiveness through mainstreaming gender equality in STEM and Indigenous Knowledge Systems.
- Achieve the UN SDGs, the objectives of STISA 2024 and the ‘Agenda 2063: The Africa We Want’.
The PSF service will be carried out by an international panel of experts who will actively collaborate with the national team of Lesotho and the PSF team (OACPS R&I Programme).