Meeting in Dakar from March 14 to 17, the stakeholders of the VaRRIWA project (Valorization of Research Results and Innovation in West Africa) took stock of activities in the four countries involved (Benin, Burkina Faso, Senegal and Togo) and worked on strategies for the sustainability of the project.
During the official launching ceremony of the workshop that he chaired, Professor Moussa BALDE, Minister of Higher Education and Research and Innovation of Senegal, highlighted the relevance of the actions carried out by the VaRRIWA project to strengthen the capacities of research actors, create mechanisms for valorisation and technology transfer, set up a partnership and networking framework, create patents and startups, as well as a repository of needs and offers in terms of innovation and research and a sub-regional collaboration platform for the valorisation of research products.
For the Regional Director of the AUF in West Africa, Ms. Ouidad TEBBAA, the mid-term assessment of the VARRIWA project is satisfactory “because very concrete things have been put in place today in terms of incubator, platforms and projects”.
VaRRIWA manages 14 third-party projects that provide training, incubation, and networking to end beneficiaries responsible for leveraging R&I.
The press talks about it:
- Journal Universitaire : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0TBFuBr6hY
- Senego : https://senego.com/recherche-et-innovation-un-financement-de-3-milliards-pour-le-senegal-et-4-pays-de-la-sous-region_1527935.html
- Agence de presse sénégalaise : https://aps.sn/detail/4728
- All Africa : https://fr.allafrica.com/stories/202303150388.html
- Afrique infos : https://afriquinfos.com/afrique-de-louest/14-projets-de-chercheurs-au-benin-au-faso-au-senegal-et-au-togo-pour-pres-de-3-milliards-de-fcfa-auf/
- Journal Universitaire : https://www.journaluniversitaire.com/auf-ceremonie-officielle-de-lancement-de-latelier-regional-du-projet-varriwa-au-senegal/