The Caribbean Urban Forum (CUF) is an international conference on urban planning and development, land management and other spatial planning related topics relevant to the Caribbean context. It has been held annually since its inception in 2011. It is the main opportunity for practitioners, policy makers and researchers to share experience and knowledge on ongoing activities in the Caribbean and/or relevant to the Caribbean, to build capacity through training programmes, workshops, scientific paper presentations, and panel discussions and advance policy positions through dialogues. More importantly, the event is a key activity which builds comradery between practitioners and strengthening networking with organisations and institutions to allow for the translations of ideas into plans and plans into action.
CUF 2023 will be held 31 May 2023 to 2 June 2023 at the Royal Torarica Hotel in Paramaribo, Suriname. Anton de Kom University of Suriname (AdeKUS) and the Spatial Planners Association of Suriname (SPASU) are respectively the host and the co-host of the CUF 2023.
The theme of this year’s conference is: Improving resilience and sustainability through Innovation.
Through presentations, workshops, and discussions the Forum will:
- Shape the development of the region based on the new opportunities for growth through sound planning practices
- Examine the Region’s status as it relates to climate risks and opportunities for climate change adaptation and mitigation
- Explore the new technologies and practices which can lead to impacts on lives and livelihoods
- Critically examination of the implication of gender to the physical environment
- Explore opportunities and survival mechanisms in poor communities to enhance the quality of life.
- Review professional planning practice and education across the Caribbean
- Convene a general meeting of the Caribbean Planning Association (CPA)
Abstracts should be submitted electronically to: CUF2023@gmail.com
Deadline: February 15th, 2023.
More info and instructions for submission : CUF 2023
This Forum is one of the major activities of the Harnessing Innovative Technologies to support Resilient Settlements on the Coastal Zones of the Caribbean (HIT RESET Caribbean) Project, one of the 12 granted projects financed under the ACP Innovation Fund.